Convert Personal Gmail to G-Suite (formerly known as Google Workspace) involves several steps. Google provides DMS tool (Data Migration Service) and resources to make this process smoother. Here’s a general guide on how to Convert Gmail account to G-Suite (Google Workspace).
There are a few important tasks you need to complete before you can use DMS to migrate to Google Workspace (G Suite)
Ensure to follow the following instructions:
- Go into their previous Gmail account and log in.
- Click Settings and then Settings in the upper right corner.
- Select POP/IMAP and Forwarding.
- Choose the option that says “Do not limit the number of messages in an IMAP folder” (default) under Folder size limits.
- To save your changes, click Save.
- Select Labels.
- Verify that the Show in IMAP box is checked for any label that needs to be moved.
Convert Personal Gmail to G-suite
After completing all the instruction now, the further step is to convert Gmail account to G-suite (Google Workspace).
- Go to admin.google.com to access the admin console.
- Navigate to Data migration from the admin console Home page.
- Select “Set up Data Migration”
- Choose Gmail from the list of sources for migration.
- Using the drop-down menu, select the start date of the migration.
- Choose the desired option from the migration options and click Next. Here, too, you may skip the folder.
- Press the “Select User” button to proceed with the process.
- After everything is configured, select “Add User.”
- Enter your Gmail credentials in the source field.
- Select the “Authorized” option. Enter the password and grant the migration permission.
- In the following section, enter your Google Workspace email address.
- After everything checks out, press the Start button.
Note: Verify that the workspace account has a valid license and that all accounts are active.
To view the most recent migration status, you must click Refresh.
In this blog I have discussed the manual way to convert personal Gmail to G-suite. Keep in mind that depending on the version of Google Workspace you are using and your current email system, the exact steps may change. If you faced any error in the steps do comment below.
Read More: Convert Shared Mailboxes to User Account